We Are Here for You!
The Police Survivor Group, unfortunately, has a place in society. As violence increases, so does the danger that every police officer faces everyday when he or she goes to work. We wish and hope that no other officer would have to endure the pain and terror that happens when an officer suffers a traumatic incident. When a traumatic incident happens to an officer, we will be there to provide as much help and support that we can...we know, we feel, and live with our memories and we want to make them easier for the next police officer.
Membership in the Police Survivors shall be extended to any Chicago Police Department Officer who, while in the performance of his/her duties is physically or emotionally injured through a traumatic incident.
What We Provide
- Visits to recovering officers by other officers who have experienced the same or similar types of situations/injuries
- Monthly meetings to discuss experiences and develop new ideas that could benefit future affected police officers
- Group support available to officers who wish to return to the scene of the incident
- Group support to attend court proceedings with an officer: you do not have to face an uncomfortable situation alone
- Visits to a training academy to educate officers regarding the importance of mental health and well-being within the police department
- Financial assistance is available for officers experiencing monetary hardship after their critical incident
- We offer officer-involved shooting classes and provide additional support and direction for attendees